Second Opinion

Discussions about the illness, treatments, doctors, etc.

Second Opinion

Postby Ashley28 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:04 pm

I just got my follow up MRIs back that I do every 2 years and found out that two of my CMs have grown in size. I had two surgeries with Dr. Spetzler at Barrow, and now Dr. Lawton has taken over for him and reviewed my images. They gave me the option of either having surgery or waiting another year to see if they grow more or if I have any symptoms, but wouldn't recommend one option more than the other.

I don't have any new symptoms that I've noticed, but my left leg and foot have had a pins and needles feeling that is a constant 24/7 feeling for the last 5 years since my surgeries so it's hard to say if it's gotten worse or not as I can't really feel it anyway. Has that happened to anyone else?

I was looking to get a second opinion to see if they leaned toward one option more than another, but at all of the top hospitals a second opinion costs $700...I just paid for 4 MRIs so it's not really something I can afford right now. Is there anywhere that is a cheaper option? Or has anyone had similar findings that can share what their neurosurgeon advised?
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:21 pm

Return to Questions and Information About Cavernous Angioma

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests