Question about bleeding

Discussions about the illness, treatments, doctors, etc.

Question about bleeding

Postby Kev » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:11 am

Hi,
I was recently diagnosed with a CCM. From the MRI they could see that it was bleeding from three different spots. Has anyone had experience with this and how much does that complicate things as far as bleeding again?
Kev

Re: Question about bleeding

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:00 am

There is much uncertainty with angiomas....why they bleed, when, or if they will bleed again. With that, there's really no answer to your question. Sorry. But if there is bleeding or sometimes "oozing" it might happen in multiple places within the angioma. By nature, they are vascular malformations with thin walls so they can leak which sometimes causes symptoms. The few recommendations we do suggest are:No blood thinners(no aspirin, advil, alleve, etc), no rollercoasters, and no scuba diving.
Diagnosed September '09 with one CM centered in the right insular cortex/basal ganglia. Saw many, many doctors and had surgery 12/10/10 with Dr. Spetzler. I am thrilled to have this bleeding thing out of my head even though I suffered a stroke during surgery. Have had/ continue to make an amazing recovery. http://www.thankfulforeveryday.blogspot.com
Elizabeth

Return to Questions and Information About Cavernous Angioma