Cost of a Cavernoma Surgery in the US

Discussions about the illness, treatments, doctors, etc.

Cost of a Cavernoma Surgery in the US

Postby MabeyW » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:49 am

Hi, I was wondering if anybody here is a Canadian that’s traveled to the US for cavernoma surgery? My sister had surgery in Canada to remove a cavernoma in her cerebellum but it’s growing back and is causing a lot of problems. The doctors here are taking a “wait and see” approach. So I read about Dr.Steinberg from Stanford and was wondering if there’s are any Canadians that would be able to give me an idea regarding how much this surgery might cost there.
Thanks a lot!
MabeyW

Re: Cost of a Cavernoma Surgery in the US

Postby Elizabeth » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:11 pm

Hi, sorry your sister is having this issue. Yes others from Canada have come here for surgery. Some have gotten exceptions and others have paid cash. The best person to ask is probably the guy who's in charge of the Canadian AA. I think his name is Shawn. I'm guessing he could answer all your questions. You can private message him. I'll look for his info.
Diagnosed September '09 with one CM centered in the right insular cortex/basal ganglia. Saw many, many doctors and had surgery 12/10/10 with Dr. Spetzler. I am thrilled to have this bleeding thing out of my head even though I suffered a stroke during surgery. Have had/ continue to make an amazing recovery. http://www.thankfulforeveryday.blogspot.com
Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:14 pm

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=144

Reach out to him...he can help you.
Diagnosed September '09 with one CM centered in the right insular cortex/basal ganglia. Saw many, many doctors and had surgery 12/10/10 with Dr. Spetzler. I am thrilled to have this bleeding thing out of my head even though I suffered a stroke during surgery. Have had/ continue to make an amazing recovery. http://www.thankfulforeveryday.blogspot.com
Elizabeth

Postby MabeyW » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:15 pm

Thanks so much! I’ll try and get in touch with Shaun.
MabeyW

Return to Questions and Information About Cavernous Angioma