Drugstore medications list of what we can and can't take?

Discussions about the illness, treatments, doctors, etc.

Drugstore medications list of what we can and can't take?

Postby SavannahLea98 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:51 pm

I have the flu and I've read we shouldn't take Advil, ect., but I need to take some flu medicine, was thinking Nyquil. I wasn't sure if that was ok to take. Thank you for any advice I can get!!
SavannahLea98

Re: Drugstore medications list of what we can and can't take

Postby Elizabeth » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:29 am

Sorry ur sick. I'm not sure about nyquil...benedryl is OK and Tylenol too. Nothing with blood thinning or increasing blood pressure like old sudafed.
Diagnosed September '09 with one CM centered in the right insular cortex/basal ganglia. Saw many, many doctors and had surgery 12/10/10 with Dr. Spetzler. I am thrilled to have this bleeding thing out of my head even though I suffered a stroke during surgery. Have had/ continue to make an amazing recovery. http://www.thankfulforeveryday.blogspot.com
Elizabeth

Re: Drugstore medications list of what we can and can't take

Postby Elizabeth » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:30 am

Sorry ur sick. I'm not sure about nyquil...benedryl is OK and Tylenol too. Nothing with blood thinning or increasing blood pressure like old sudafed. I go old school with chicken soup, humidifier, honey, vitamin C and add benadryl at night to sleep. Good luck!!
Diagnosed September '09 with one CM centered in the right insular cortex/basal ganglia. Saw many, many doctors and had surgery 12/10/10 with Dr. Spetzler. I am thrilled to have this bleeding thing out of my head even though I suffered a stroke during surgery. Have had/ continue to make an amazing recovery. http://www.thankfulforeveryday.blogspot.com
Elizabeth

Return to Questions and Information About Cavernous Angioma