New here/ should I go back to school?

Discussions about the illness, treatments, doctors, etc.

New here/ should I go back to school?

Postby monique » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:37 am

hello all,
My CA hemorrhaged 19 years ago and it took me out for a long time. I had to leave college and have not been able to support myself since. I'm 50 and I have been planning on going back to school in a couple weeks. However, I just found out it bled - no hemorrhage - but still is causing me memory and concentration problems as well as severe chronic migraines.
I kinda thought I was done with all this so I'm quite despondent but still searching for answers.
I will be in serious debt with school but want to go. My job prospects after graduating - if I can actually finish this time - will be challenging with the neurological and physical toll this takes.
so....what would you do?
monique

Re: New here/ should I go back to school?

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:36 am

Sorry for the late response. I'm not sure what I would do. I like the advise that others give to follow your dreams, your passion, your heart...so that is what I would advise others, but knowing myself, I would probably be more cautious based on the financial aspect. I am very conservative financially and even more so with this dx. I went yo college but was too afraid to accrue debt even before my dx so I always paid as I went. I went to the least expensive school so that I would not owe anything...but that part is totally just my personality. I'm especially glad now hat I didn't end up with any student loans because currently I'm not able to work. If I could go without a big debt or financial burden...then yes I would go. You only live once and you need to do what makes you happy. I'm not happy if I'm financially pressured, so that's my perspective. Wishing you all the best!!
Diagnosed September '09 with one CM centered in the right insular cortex/basal ganglia. Saw many, many doctors and had surgery 12/10/10 with Dr. Spetzler. I am thrilled to have this bleeding thing out of my head even though I suffered a stroke during surgery. Have had/ continue to make an amazing recovery. http://www.thankfulforeveryday.blogspot.com
Elizabeth

Return to Questions and Information About Cavernous Angioma