Cavernoma surgery Recover time

Discussions about the illness, treatments, doctors, etc.

Cavernoma surgery Recover time

Postby ramidikarthik » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:49 am

Hi All,

On one morning, I started feeling radiation pain in my right hand and my right part of face. Also I started feeling like drunken. 1 week later I consulted a doctor and they confirmed about bleeding after taking MRI. Just after 2 weeks,
My surgery for cavernoma is completed (on Aug 3rd, 2018). This is 7th month going on and still I didn't recover from surgery. I had severe vision problem (double vision) just after my surgery but it improved in first week but still i have below problems

1. Still I feel some radiation pain in my right hand and right side of my face.
2. drowsy and tired feeling. feeling like a Drunken guy
3. Balance issue and legs became some what week.
4. Vision problem (No clarity in vision when I rotate my eyes either left or right)

Improvement is not consistent. One day, I feel recovering little bit and next day Not. Can you please help in recovering quickly. Currently working from home and wanted to join office ASAP.
ramidikarthik

Re: Cavernoma surgery Recover time

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:05 am

I'm sorry. Recovery can be slow...that is normal. I am 9 years out of my surgery and and stroke and lucky for me...I get better every year...however slowly. As long as you are progressing that's good!!! Recovery is not always linear either...for me it was a few steps forward and then some back... Scary, hard, yes...normal yes! Anyone who says otherwise has probably not experienced a brain recovery. As far as your eyes, do you have a good eye doctor? If not, you might find one here: www.noravisionrehab.org my eyes were really messed up and I had a huge improvement with vision therapy. I'm not sure how well it works for double vision, but its worth looking into at least. I'm not sure when you might be able to return to work. For now, your job is recovering. Best wishes!
Diagnosed September '09 with one CM centered in the right insular cortex/basal ganglia. Saw many, many doctors and had surgery 12/10/10 with Dr. Spetzler. I am thrilled to have this bleeding thing out of my head even though I suffered a stroke during surgery. Have had/ continue to make an amazing recovery. http://www.thankfulforeveryday.blogspot.com
Elizabeth

Return to Questions and Information About Cavernous Angioma