Surgical question

Discussions about the illness, treatments, doctors, etc.

Surgical question

Postby michael42589 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:40 pm

As stated in a previous post from me, it is confirmed I will be having my second brain surgery. The angioma is to much of a threat to do a wait and see as it is growing and bleeding. It is located right in between my frontal lobe and the motor strip on the right side. Doc says there is a possibility of becoming weaker or losing control of my left arm. So I guess my question is if anyone has also had this particular surgery and what your experience was? I couldnt get answers on chances, like percentages and such because its a difficult situation so im looking around. Also found out I have 12 angiomas that spread all through out the brain and one on my brain stem.
michael42589

Re: Surgical question

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:41 am

I'm so sorry...I km w how scary it is. I had a high risk surgery and it resulted in a stroke even with very low odds. I hope ur doing well and everything goes well. Mine was in a different location....much deeper, more risky. If you need more personal experiences look on Facebook...you might get more feedback there. Best wishes!!
Diagnosed September '09 with one CM centered in the right insular cortex/basal ganglia. Saw many, many doctors and had surgery 12/10/10 with Dr. Spetzler. I am thrilled to have this bleeding thing out of my head even though I suffered a stroke during surgery. Have had/ continue to make an amazing recovery. http://www.thankfulforeveryday.blogspot.com
Elizabeth

Postby michael42589 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:33 am

Elizabeth wrote:I'm so sorry...I km w how scary it is. I had a high risk surgery and it resulted in a stroke even with very low odds. I hope ur doing well and everything goes well. Mine was in a different location....much deeper, more risky. If you need more personal experiences look on Facebook...you might get more feedback there. Best wishes!!

I will do that and thank you. For my birthday I started a fundraiser on facebook for the angioma alliance. I also found out my family is registered with ya'll. Id love to find out the book yale did years back on this condition that has my family in it. I think itd be a good read.
michael42589

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:16 am

Ask Connie about the book. She might be able to help you out.
Diagnosed September '09 with one CM centered in the right insular cortex/basal ganglia. Saw many, many doctors and had surgery 12/10/10 with Dr. Spetzler. I am thrilled to have this bleeding thing out of my head even though I suffered a stroke during surgery. Have had/ continue to make an amazing recovery. http://www.thankfulforeveryday.blogspot.com
Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:16 am

Ask Connie about the book. She might be able to help you out.
Elizabeth

Return to Questions and Information About Cavernous Angioma