Hiccups night and day!!! Help!!!

Ask questions about using the forum, or report problems

Hiccups night and day!!! Help!!!

Postby DianaJoy » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:44 pm

Over the last year I have had a bad case of the hiccups....what the heck? Is that normal?? I'm scheduled for surgery at the end of this month...the fight of trying to prevent it is over.....the cavernous angioma is bleeding and causing severe inflammation.....It's been days and I can't get over the hiccups....night and day...should I call my doctor regarding this....??? I'm embarrassed...but, I can't sleep!
Diana Joy Albertsen
Hope for healing!
Diana Joy
DianaJoy

Re: Hiccups night and day!!! Help!!!

Postby Connie Lee » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:50 pm

Diana - is your cavernous angioma in the brainstem? If so, then yes, you should call your doctor right away. the hiccups could be coming from a new bleed. Please call him as soon as you can.
Connie Lee
President and CEO, Angioma Alliance
17-year-old daughter with CCM3 mutation who has had 4 brain surgeries, T2-L3 spinal fusion
To support Angioma Alliance, visit http://www.Angioma.org/Donate.
Connie Lee
Founder, Angioma Alliance

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:58 pm

I was going to say the same as Connie. Call your doctor. If your cm is in the brainstem, maybe even go to the er.
Diagnosed September '09 with one CM centered in the right insular cortex/basal ganglia. Saw many, many doctors and had surgery 12/10/10 with Dr. Spetzler. I am thrilled to have this bleeding thing out of my head even though I suffered a stroke during surgery. Have had/ continue to make an amazing recovery. http://www.thankfulforeveryday.blogspot.com
Elizabeth

Postby DianaJoy » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:03 pm

Thank you so much for your help! I have 3 in the stem...but, they are not sure if it's my brain or my heart...either way, I'm on a muscle relaxer and it's helped tons! :D Diana Joy
Hope for healing!
Diana Joy
DianaJoy

Return to Help With the Forum