Email alerts

Ask questions about using the forum, or report problems

Email alerts

Postby joanncooper » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:24 pm

How can you setup email alerts for when members post new content, questions, etc.? Thank you!
joanncooper

Re: Email alerts

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:41 pm

I don't know. I just stay logged in always and when I come back to check I click "view unread" and anything I haven't seen appears...but I'm pretty low tech so there might be a better way. ;)
Diagnosed September '09 with one CM centered in the right insular cortex/basal ganglia. Saw many, many doctors and had surgery 12/10/10 with Dr. Spetzler. I am thrilled to have this bleeding thing out of my head even though I suffered a stroke during surgery. Have had/ continue to make an amazing recovery. http://www.thankfulforeveryday.blogspot.com
Elizabeth

Re: Email alerts

Postby vandy » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:28 pm

With the standard package of phpBB, the software we use, it cannot be done. Sorry.

If we installed a special module we may be able to provide that service, but I don't know if Kirk would be willing to look into that.

As Elizabeth said, check daily and read the unread posts.

You can mark however the topic post you have replied to and if someone else makes a comment you will get an e-mail notifying that a new comment has been left. The only thing you do for that is to click on "Notify me when a reply is posted" which is found as part of the options listed below the message field when you reply or when reading all the posts in a topic, there is a button on the bottom of the screen called "Subscribe topic" with a small check mark in the box. Click on it and you will now receive e-mails regarding that topic.

Hope that helps.

Henk :ugeek:
vandy

Return to Help With the Forum