Houston, Texas

Announcements of local get-togethers and events

Houston, Texas

Postby Alan Rivera » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:36 am

I want to encourage the idea of a local get together around the North West are of Houston. Harris County area to be exact, but anyone is more then welcome. I'd like some fellow peers to converse, and discuss our experiences with this both good, and bad. Contact me for more information r.alan70@yahoo.com

I'm new to all this but willing to give it a try. It'll be the first time I'll try and run all this so don't expect the fanciest of meetings lol.

Ty again,
Love Alan.
Alan Rivera

Re: Houston, Texas

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:17 pm

Alan,
I'm hoping someone in Texas sees this and responds. I know there are a number of Texas members, although I don't know which part of Texas they are in. Many of them do not come on here very often. Do you do Facebook? I don't but there is an AA group on Facebook that I think some of the Texas people participate in. I will look for some of their AA names and post them here. You could try to email some of them. I'm sure they wouldn't mind. They have an annual fundraiser that I'm sure they would love to have you be a part of. I will look for their user names and post when I have more time.
Diagnosed September '09 with one CM centered in the right insular cortex/basal ganglia. Saw many, many doctors and had surgery 12/10/10 with Dr. Spetzler. I am thrilled to have this bleeding thing out of my head even though I suffered a stroke during surgery. Have had/ continue to make an amazing recovery. http://www.thankfulforeveryday.blogspot.com
Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:40 am

Here are a few of the Texas members(you can email or private message them by finding them in the member directory), feel free to reach out to them: rachel_hart, macamoo1, and MsNoName. There are more members in Texas, but I can't remember any other specific names.
Diagnosed September '09 with one CM centered in the right insular cortex/basal ganglia. Saw many, many doctors and had surgery 12/10/10 with Dr. Spetzler. I am thrilled to have this bleeding thing out of my head even though I suffered a stroke during surgery. Have had/ continue to make an amazing recovery. http://www.thankfulforeveryday.blogspot.com
Elizabeth

Postby mferguson7 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:03 am

Hi Alan,
I'm brand new to this, but I live in south Houston, but would be willing to get together anywhere in the Houston area!
mferguson7

Return to Local Get-Togethers