Tampa, FL area?

Announcements of local get-togethers and events

Tampa, FL area?

Postby anthony08 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:52 pm

Is anyone that is a parent of a child with multiples near the Tampa area?
4 1/2 year-old son, AJ with multiples and a DVA who had brain surgery at 17 months.
anthony08

Re: Tampa, FL area?

Postby bonjenlu » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:40 am

I am in South Florida, my daughter had surgery 3 yrs ago with Dr Ian Heger who moved up to Jacksonville so he could just do pediatric neurosurgery. He is at Wolfson Childrens:

836 Prudential Drive
Suite 1205
Jacksonville, FL 32207
View Directions Telephone
(904) 633-0780
Fax
(904) 633-0781
We still send our daughters follow up scans for his review and our son was diagnosed last summer and he had us send all of his scans as well. Amazing Dr.... we love him and he loves what he does and takes amazing care of all of his patients. Worth the drive if you aske me, but I know that I have reffered other people to him and he has let them send scans and do phone consults sometimes.... best of luck! You can use me as a refrence if needed. Best of luck,
Bonnie
bonjenlu

Postby heidiripkecurcio » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:20 pm

Not sure if you are still in area or not. I am in the DeLand/Orlando area. I have seen Dr. Max Medary, in Orlando. I was referred by someone who had surgery, although I am not a candidate, and he was very honest Nd explained that to me. Believe me when I say, there are doctors in this area that aren't as honest.

I have also seen Dr. Van Lovern at thr Univesity of Tampa hospital. He is also very well known as a neuro surgeon and very familiar with Angiiomas. I still recommend Dr. Medary.
heidiripkecurcio

Postby vandy » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:46 pm

Hi heidiripkecurcio,

Welcome to the forum, and welcome for sharing.

Hope you are doing well. The main web site has the information needed for newly diagnosed and the basic information on this disease. http://www.angiomaalliance.org/pages.aspx?content=61#.U_8kbfldUvs Have you been recently diagnosed? You may introduce yourself in the introductions area, and using the other areas of the forum you may ask us any question you may have.

Best wishes,

Henk :ugeek:
vandy

Postby PattiG » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:54 pm

Unsure of neurosurgeons in Tampa, but personally hear exceptional 'reports' of neurologist Dr. Robert Martinez, Jr. in Tampa.
Take care,
Patti
Multiple CMs throughout my brain. I have had 4 bleeds requiring surgery between 1987 and 2010. Locations of craniotomies have been: L. parietal, R. parietal, L. temporal and R. thalamus.
A Central Pain Syndrome Survivor's Perspective http://strokeconnection.strokeassociati ... rspective/
PattiG

Return to Local Get-Togethers