Great Lakes Area

Announcements of local get-togethers and events

Great Lakes Area

Postby calabresella » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:01 pm

Hello!

Anyone from around the Great Lakes?

Hope to hear from some of you soon.
Last edited by calabresella on Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Large bleed in medulla, 2010.
calabresella

Re: MIchigan - Kalamazoo/ Grand Rapids area or Metro-Detroit

Postby ajlong17 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:12 pm

I live in Tennessee, but am staying with my parents up in Fort Wayne, IN while I'm recovering from the bleed I had in July. I was here visiting when the bleed happened and got kind of stuck. :) So I'm kind of in your neck of the woods until January, at least. Travel is still a little iffy for me right now, but I may be up for a get-together in the future!
ajlong17

Postby calabresella » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:09 am

ajlong17 wrote:I live in Tennessee, but am staying with my parents up in Fort Wayne, IN while I'm recovering from the bleed I had in July. I was here visiting when the bleed happened and got kind of stuck. :) So I'm kind of in your neck of the woods until January, at least. Travel is still a little iffy for me right now, but I may be up for a get-together in the future!

Wow! You're only about 2 hours away! January is when my schedule fills back up, so anytime before then would be okay, too. I am alright to drive now, so I would be willing to meet you as well! Are you on Facebook?
calabresella

Postby allyr » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:31 pm

I live in Massachusetts but come to Michigan twice a year due to the fact that we have family and friends in Dearborn and the Grand Blanc area. We used to live in Dearborn. I had a ccm in the brainstem but it was removed three years ago. I would love to get together when in town.
Allison
allyr

Postby calabresella » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:02 am

allyr wrote:I live in Massachusetts but come to Michigan twice a year due to the fact that we have family and friends in Dearborn and the Grand Blanc area. We used to live in Dearborn. I had a ccm in the brainstem but it was removed three years ago. I would love to get together when in town.
Allison

Hi Allison!

That would be great :) Please do let us know when you'll be in the area.
Last edited by calabresella on Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
calabresella

Postby detroitmummy » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:10 pm

I'd love a get together!!! I live 1/2 way between Detroit and Lansing area I was diagnoised in June-10, had surgery in Oct-10...and my story goes on and on. I'm a newbee to this site and forum so I need to post my story and update my status, but when I noticed a Michigan post I raced right over! I'd travel too. Grand Rapids is about 90 minutes away from me.

I'm on the facebook community as well...loved to chat and share stores!!! :)
detroitmummy

Postby calabresella » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:56 am

How exciting, and congrats on your surgery!! I'd love to find a midway point for us to meet and have coffee or something :) You were diagnosed just a couple months before me! I'm on Facebook quite often and do a bit of networking with others. Ajlong and I should meeting sometime soon, but she is in the other direction.
Last edited by calabresella on Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
calabresella

Postby detroitmum » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:15 pm

My login was messed up a bit...but I'm back under detroitmum! I was not only that, but my dates were a bit messy too...my stuff was all in 2009....my recovery and medication nightmare is still ongoing into 2010 :lol: I think I did see you on FB thru my sister's post on the FB community. I will find you on there as well. Coffee woudl be great! When I have more then 2 seconds I need to get my full story posted, my ongoing seizure activity and the effects of the medication is my biggest concerns now. What a crazy ride!

Glad to find some folks from Michigan!
Cindy...aka detroitmum///dignosed & hemorrhaged 06.04.09 in left temporal lobe, resection 10.21.09 at University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. 2 grand mal seizures, still dealing with partial complex seizures. Med's: 200/ Topamax, 50mg Vimpat (since change from Keppra..GREAT change) Weakness in arms, legs, headaches, fatigue, word finding issues, memory issues, etc...
detroitmum

Re: Great Lakes Area

Postby sansvan » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:39 am

No recent activity on this post but I'll try. I live in Kalamazoo area. I was diagnosed 2 years ago as an incidental finding on MRI done for vertigo. Was reassured it was likely nothing, just needed regular f/u. Too many other things going on in my life to worry about it at the time. Now it seems like I have had a small bleed. I go Monday to see Dr. Awad in Chicago.
sansvan

Re: Great Lakes Area

Postby calabresella » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:46 pm

Hey sansvan,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble - you're not alone, though! I also live in the Kalamazoo area, and it sounds like I was diagnosed around the same time as you were. Please let me know if there's anything I can help you with, even if it's just for a coffee to talk.

Crystal
calabresella

Next

Return to Local Get-Togethers