Testing for surgery now

New members can introduce themselves here

Testing for surgery now

Postby Nancydoodle » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:21 pm

Hello, I have had a week in the hospital doing all kinds of tests. Next week I will be given the Wada test. After that the doctors will show us all results and determine if it will be safe to have surgery. My cavernous angioma is located next to my memory and speech area. It started with a grand mal 9 years ago. Since that time I have only suffered from absence seizures sometimes once a month and sometimes they come in clusters. When seizing I experience confusion and the inability to speak correctly. I am hoping that I will be eligible for surgery so I can resume my life and quit taking these awful drugs, which don’t really work. Interested in peers who have had surgery, my spouse is not as gung ho, and more information. I am 62. Thanks for listening.
Nancydoodle

Re: Testing for surgery now

Postby Michelle2000 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:12 am

Welcome, Nancydoodle. It sounds like you have been through a lot over the years. If you haven't already seen the information on the Angioma Alliance website, you can access it through the link at the upper left. This forum isn't as busy as the Facebook groups, but patience will pay off. You can also use the search feature (on the banner at upper right) to read about others' experiences.

Best wishes,

Michelle
17 year old son with brainstem CM resected in March 2010, CM at C2-C3,
CCM2 mutation; DH & BIL with multiples in brain and spine; (MIL - deceased spine & brain)
Michelle2000

Return to Introductions