Atrial fibrillation, venous angioma, and Eliquis

New members can introduce themselves here

Atrial fibrillation, venous angioma, and Eliquis

Postby Kay6000 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:18 pm

In June of 2018, while on a mission trip in Montana, I had a series of stroke-like symptoms. An MRI revealed the venous angioma and further test in early 2018 found that I have atrial fibrillation. The doctors termed the incident in Montana a TIA and started me on Eliquis and Atenalol. After reading here and not feeling great about the 4 doctors I have seen, I am not sure of this regimen of medine. I am glad to find the information on this site. I am located in Alabama.
Kay6000

Re: Atrial fibrillation, venous angioma, and Eliquis

Postby Elizabeth » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:46 am

Yikes, I'm not sure. Usually we recommend avoiding blood thinners with cavernous angiomas, but with A-fib that's probably not great advise. Also venous angiomas rarely bleed and cause problems, so blood thinners might be best for you...I'm not sure. If I was you, I would look for an expert that can tell you with greater certainty considering your specific situation. I don't know of any experts in Alabama. You can search for centers for excellence to find experts. Good luck!!
Diagnosed September '09 with one CM centered in the right insular cortex/basal ganglia. Saw many, many doctors and had surgery 12/10/10 with Dr. Spetzler. I am thrilled to have this bleeding thing out of my head even though I suffered a stroke during surgery. Have had/ continue to make an amazing recovery. http://www.thankfulforeveryday.blogspot.com
Elizabeth

Return to Introductions