My Wife has a CM, feeling hopeless

Discussions of issues related to living with cavernous angiomas

My Wife has a CM, feeling hopeless

Postby hausmusic » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:18 pm

Hello all,

I really don't know where to start. MY wife has been living with her CM for the better part of 11 years now, with multiple bleeds / ooze events. The CM is in the left side of her brain, she is too high functioning for many doctors / neurosurgeons to consider her CM operable. The CM has left her with right side motor skill / grip weakness, issues with her speech (mixing up words / difficulty stringing together complex sentence,) and near constant migraines. I try to encourage her to live more in the moment and accept herself as she is now, but I know these deficits must be brutal as she is quite smart and in an intense working environment with a lot of high demands needing quick decision making.

She has been feeling very hopeless about her situation and worrying about deteriorating. We have been toying with a second opinion from a center that seems to be well regarded in this forum located in AZ/Chicago. What ways are best for me to support her? How do you fight the loneliness and feeling like things will never get better and only get worse?
hausmusic

Return to Living With Cavernous Angioma