CCM behind eye

Discussions of issues related to living with cavernous angiomas

CCM behind eye

Postby mamajot » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:01 pm

I found out two-three weeks ago from an MRI that I had a CCM. I met with Dr. Awad this week. He explained that it's slightly larger than a raspberry and directly behind my right eye. My initial complaint was an unending headache that prompted my dr to order the MRI. Dr. Awad has ordered another MRI on an advanced MRI machine but I can't get in for a month - bummer!

I still have the headache which is worse with any head movement and it's constant. I used to run about 3 miles 4-5 days a week and my head hurts too much to run. I also have intermittent issues with what feels like clogged sinuses and my ears pop or I can't pop them. I don't know how else to explain it but it's like having half a cold, all the clogginess with no other symptoms. The headache is my biggest complaint because it NEVER goes away. I was shocked when Dr. Awad told me that he can't definitively say the sypmtoms are due to the CCM. However, I'm thrilled that he's cautious.

Has anybody experienced similar symptoms and is there anything I can do about it? The constant headache is tough to deal with.

Thanks!
mamajot

Return to Living With Cavernous Angioma