Creating a book for our kids

Discussions of issues related to living with cavernous angiomas

Creating a book for our kids

Postby Connie Lee » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:11 pm

We're getting ready to create a children's book for our affected kids (and unaffected siblings)! The kid's book will be structured as a series of personal stories of children a little older than our target audience of 8-12, written as first person accounts by Rebecca Jones, a well known children's author. In September, Rebecca would like to interview kids in the 11-14 year old age group who are affected, along with a parent who can answer follow-up questions. We're looking for a diverse group - boys and girls; spine, brainstem, and higher brain; single lesion and multiple lesions; asymptomatic, mildly affected, and more seriously affected. If you have a child in this age range who would be willing to be interviewed and included, please contact me. Let them know we'll be using only their first name. I can't guarantee we'll use everyone's story for the booklet because we may wind up with a few too many, but it would be better for us to have too many to choose from than too few. Please email me at clee@angioma.org if you can help. Thanks!
Connie Lee
President and CEO, Angioma Alliance
17-year-old daughter with CCM3 mutation who has had 4 brain surgeries, T2-L3 spinal fusion
To support Angioma Alliance, visit http://www.Angioma.org/Donate.
Connie Lee
Founder, Angioma Alliance

Return to Living With Cavernous Angioma