Is Ginkgo tea safe for cavernous angioma in brain?

Discussions of issues related to living with cavernous angiomas

Is Ginkgo tea safe for cavernous angioma in brain?

Postby nelson2013@gmail.com » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:05 am

Hi,

Does anyone know if consuming ginkgo tea from fresh leaves is safe for someone who has a cavernous angioma in the brain? How about other natural supplements? I appreciate any replies.

Nelson
nelson2013@gmail.com

Re: Is Ginkgo tea safe for cavernous angioma in brain?

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:26 am

I'm not a doctor, and i am not giving medical advise...so check anything I say with ur doctor of course. But...my thoughts in ginkgo are no. Don't take or use it. I think it increases blood pressure and I'm guessing that's not good. I took ginkgo supplements a few times long before I knew I had a cavernous angioma and they made me sick...dizzy headache...so I never took again anyways. If ur looking for a tea for energy...I think you should consider matcha tea instead. I couldn't find anything dangerous about it and did find tons of research on the possible benefits. Its packed with antioxidants and it works well for my afternoon fatigue. Be very careful with supplements. It seems all the good popular ones are blood thinning and potentially dangerous for us. I personally don't take any and try to get all my nutrition from foods. I recently bought a vitamix and I love it....so I can easily increase my organic fresh fruit and veggie consumption. I use it every single day and I think I feel better...placebo?? Maybe...I don't care...it works for me. Good luck!
Diagnosed September '09 with one CM centered in the right insular cortex/basal ganglia. Saw many, many doctors and had surgery 12/10/10 with Dr. Spetzler. I am thrilled to have this bleeding thing out of my head even though I suffered a stroke during surgery. Have had/ continue to make an amazing recovery. http://www.thankfulforeveryday.blogspot.com
Elizabeth

Return to Living With Cavernous Angioma