Right Temporal Lobe Lesion

Discussions of issues related to living with cavernous angiomas

Right Temporal Lobe Lesion

Postby kitober » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:13 pm

I am recently diagnosed to a new bleed to the right temporal lobe. If the lesion is on the right side, would the LEFT side of my head hurt, or do people generally experience pain on the lesion side?
kitober

Re: Right Temporal Lobe Lesion

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:27 pm

Hi,

Every person is so different and I personally believe each person s their own best expert. I never had any pain really. In my teens and early 20s I had a lit of headaches, but I never went to the doctors and I never had an MRI so I never knew I had this until 36 when I became symptomatic after having my first child. I think most people that have head pain, either get general headaches or specific pain right where their lesion is. I don't really have an answer but I'm sorry you are dealing with this.
Diagnosed September '09 with one CM centered in the right insular cortex/basal ganglia. Saw many, many doctors and had surgery 12/10/10 with Dr. Spetzler. I am thrilled to have this bleeding thing out of my head even though I suffered a stroke during surgery. Have had/ continue to make an amazing recovery. http://www.thankfulforeveryday.blogspot.com
Elizabeth

Re: Right Temporal Lobe Lesion

Postby Luera78 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:37 pm

Hi, I was also recently diagnosed with a right temporal lobe cavernous malformation. I never really had or suffered from headaches. The reason it was found was because I had a bleed and it cause a seizure. It was discovered right before my 40th birthday!

Are you monitoring it or did you have it removed?
Luera78

Return to Living With Cavernous Angioma