Neuro and Health related Books I've Enjoyed

Discussions of issues related to living with cavernous angiomas

Neuro and Health related Books I've Enjoyed

Postby PattiG » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:55 pm

Books I've enjoyed throughout the 23 years as a CM patient:

A BOMB IN THE BRAIN: A HEROIC TALE OF SCIENCE, SURGERY & SURGERY,” by Steve Fishman
“BRAIN SURGEON,” by Lawrence Shainberg
“I HAD BRAIN SURGERY, WHAT'S YOUR EXCUSE?” by Suzy Becker
“WHEN THE AIR HITS YOUR BRAIN: TALES FROM NEUROSURGERY”” by Frank Vertosick, Jr.
“GIFTED HANDS: THE BEN CARSON STORY,” by Ben Carson and Cecil Murphey
“THE ANATOMY OF HOPE: HOW PEOPLE PREVAIL IN THE FACE OF ILLNESS,” by Jerome Groopman
“OVER MY HEAD: A DOCTOR’S STORY OF HEAD INJURY FROM THE INSIDE LOOKING OUT,” by Claudia L Osborn
“SLOW DANCE: A STORY OF STROKE, LOVE & DISABILITY,” by Bonnie S. Klein
“DON'T LEAVE ME THIS WAY: OR WHEN I GET ON MY FEET AGAIN YOU'LL BE SORRY,” by Julia Fox Garrison
“HELP ME TO HEAL: A PRACTICAL GUIDEBOOK FOR PATIENTS, VISITORS, AND CAREGIVERS,” by Bernie S. Siegel
“MATTERS OF GRAY AND WHITE: A NEUROLOGIST, HIS PATIENTS, AND THE MYSTERIES OF THE BRAIN,” by Russell Martin
“THE BRAIN HAS A MIND OF IT'S OWN: INSIGHTS FROM A PRACTICING NEUROLOGIST,” by Richard Restak, M.D.
“BRAIN MATTERS: STORIES OF A NEUROLOGIST AND HIS PATIENTS,” by Bruce H. Dobkin, M.D.
“BRAIN SURGEON: A DOCTOR'S INSPIRING ENCOUNTERS WITH MORTALITY AND MIRACLES,” Keith Black, M.D.
"Brain Storms: Surviving Catastrophic Illness," by Les Duncan
Multiple CMs throughout my brain. I have had 4 bleeds requiring surgery between 1987 and 2010. Locations of craniotomies have been: L. parietal, R. parietal, L. temporal and R. thalamus.
A Central Pain Syndrome Survivor's Perspective http://strokeconnection.strokeassociati ... rspective/
PattiG

Re: Neuro and Health related Books I've Enjoyed

Postby Elizabeth » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:47 am

Thanks for the great list...should keep me busy for awhile! :)
Diagnosed September '09 with one CM centered in the right insular cortex/basal ganglia. Saw many, many doctors and had surgery 12/10/10 with Dr. Spetzler. I am thrilled to have this bleeding thing out of my head even though I suffered a stroke during surgery. Have had/ continue to make an amazing recovery. http://www.thankfulforeveryday.blogspot.com
Elizabeth

Return to Living With Cavernous Angioma