Advice sought

Concerns specific to those in the United Kingdom

Advice sought

Postby Joanna Dale » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:01 pm

I don't know if anyone can help but this is a UK specific question.

Are cavernous angiomas covered as a disability under the 2010 Equality Act? I have been asked to attend an independent medical assessment by my employer and would like to know before I go

Regards

Joanna Dale
Joanna Dale

Re: Advice sought

Postby vandy » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:58 am

Hi Joanna,

I saw that no one has taken some time to answer this one for you.

I am from Canada. Here we are covered under CPP disability, as long as your neurologist is willing to support your situation.

My best advise is that you contact your member of parliament for your district/region and have him/her answer that question for you. This is one of the services of politicians that you could use.

Good Luck.

Henk :ugeek:
vandy

Postby Rachel » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:04 am

Hi Joanna

I don't know if this will help - I'm in the uk (hertfordshire) and had a t9/t10 cavernoma which was operated on july 2012 but since the op I have lack of sensation from waist down - and bladder issues. My work sent me to occ health and they said that my condition is covered by the disability act.

Thanks
Rachel
Rachel

Postby Flooz » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:53 pm

Hi Joanna

I don't think the DDA specifies what constitutes a disability, and what doesn't, it is more about difficulties you have as a result of a medical condition. Having said that, to my knowledge, cavernomas don't necessarily cause any disability or illness unless they bleed. I hope that helps you.
Flooz

Postby jghfd » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:51 am

I don't know if this will help - I'm in the uk (hertfordshire) and had a t9/t10 cavernoma which was operated on july 2012 but since the op I have lack of sensation from waist down - and bladder issues. My work sent me to occ health and they said that my condition is covered by the disability act.
jghfd

Return to United Kingdom