Kaiser Permanente Northern California neurosurgeons

Discussions about the illness, treatments, doctors, etc.

Kaiser Permanente Northern California neurosurgeons

Postby Shirinv » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:25 pm

I recently received MRI results and have been referred to Dr. Brian Gian at Kaiser Permanente. Since Kaiser is a closed network I can’t shop around for neurosurgeons outside Kaiser but I’m curious to know if anyone has had any experience with KP and any recommendations about who I might want to see that is experienced. Appreciate this forum as a resource since I’m just starting out.
Shirinv

Re: Kaiser Permanente Northern California neurosurgeons

Postby Elizabeth » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:48 am

Welcome,

I'm sorry, I don't know anyone at kaiser. I think there are some old threads about a socal Kaiser MD...can't remember the name. My experience was that HMO doctors had limited knowledge and experience. My angiomas was bleeding and growing and in a dangerous location, so I ended up changing my insurance to a ppo so that I could see all the best doctors. Brain stuff is no joke and if I needed a surgery...I wanted the best. You might want to try the Facebook group for more opinions of kaiser MDS...maybe there's a good one? If not there are some good nds at UCSF and Stanford nearby. Best wishes!!
Diagnosed September '09 with one CM centered in the right insular cortex/basal ganglia. Saw many, many doctors and had surgery 12/10/10 with Dr. Spetzler. I am thrilled to have this bleeding thing out of my head even though I suffered a stroke during surgery. Have had/ continue to make an amazing recovery. http://www.thankfulforeveryday.blogspot.com
Elizabeth

Return to Questions and Information About Cavernous Angioma